I have heard people say that people who study witchcraft shouldn't be allowed in a Christian home. I feel that most of these people are confused and misguided, and should be shown the reality of Christ's Love.

Views: 195

Replies to This Discussion

"When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. But I wasn’t talking about unbelievers who indulge in sexual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols. You would have to leave this world to avoid people like that. I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.

It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning. God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, “You must remove the evil person from among you.” 1 Corinthians 5:9

You're absolutely right. Our job is to show love to everyone unconditionally, not to judge whether they're worthy of it. The difference is not taking part in the practices or allowing them in your home. For example, a dear friend of my family is a wiccan, and we had her spend a week in our house. We showed her the love and respect of family, and she respected us in return by not practicing the things she knew we couldn't have in our house. Then when we went to her house some time later, she even took down her "meditation room" in respect for us and our beliefs. Now, she's still a wiccan, but how much closer are we to bringing the Good News to her since we have that open door of mutual respect? She normally is very contemptuous toward Christians because so many of them are like that, but we've shown her differently and it just may be the first step.

"Later, Matthew invited Jesus and his disciples to his home as dinner guests, along with many tax collectors and other disreputable sinners. But when the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with such scum?”

When Jesus heard this, he said, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do.” Then he added, “Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: ‘I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.’ For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.” Matthe 9:10-14

We're supposed to be like Jesus, who loved and reached out to everyone, not the Pharisees, who only associated with people they thought were good enough for them.

I agree we should be loving to them and to all but I have been learning a little about the occult lately and have come across this scripture.

There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire [meaning sacrificing], one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. For whoever does these things is detestable to the Lord; and because of these detestable things the Lord your God will drive them out before you. Deuteronomy 18:10‑12

Oh Dandylion I didn't even see your response till just now. I believe your family was good to show your friend love. I just thought I would share that scripture. One thing heard an ex spiritualist who came to Christ and was saved say is, we should be careful when we bring people who practice these kind of things into our homes b/c we don't want them leaving anything behind like a spirit. They didn't say this as to put fear upon us but to just be careful.

Oh :)

I definitely agree that you have to be careful. You can't give evil a foothold in your life to spread like weeds. Demons are very real and I've seen what they can do if you just let them into your house. But that's why I'm so glad that this friend of mine was respectful of our household's beliefs.

Yes, it's true that someone who is a follower of Christ cannot be involved in these things. That's why Paul firmly chided the church in Corinth about a man who was sleeping with his stepmother. Paul said that they needed to basically kick him out of the congregation if he refused to change. But later he did repent, and Paul wrote again and encouraged them to show him love and compassion and accept him back into the church.

It comes down to this: If someone claims to be a believer but is living a lifestyle displeasing to God, be it occult, sexual immorality, or even the piety of the Pharisees, then we need to remove them from us like bad yeast that will spoil the whole loaf of bread. But if they're unbelievers, we reach out to them and show them compassion.

Also, this isn't to say that we need to be hateful to people in the church who are living a lifestyle contrary to the Word. I believe that we shouldn't be hateful or spiteful to anybody for any reason. After all, even if a pastor of a church were living an abominable lifestyle, who are we to condemn him? We should judge him in the sense of not allowing him to continue leading Christ's sheep, but that doesn't mean we get to be so prideful as to put ourselves in God's place of judgement.

Well said! :)

I agree lots of lessons to be learned in this life. Thank God we have his grace. God bless you Amaryllis. For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. (1Corinthians 1:18) I just love this verse because to me before I was saved, it was once foolishness, but now I know that it is a symbol of greatest power and love.

Yep, God never runs out of lessons to teach us. You phrased it perfectly: The best we can do is walk the path, praying for people, sharing when we can.

God bless you Amaryllis. <3

I was a pagan my whole life until I was saved at age 33, march 21, 2004. Very good thing Christians invite me into thier homes and lives too. Otherwise who knows what might have happened.

Jesus Rocks!!

J3r

I was saved out of Wicca.  I was looking for Jesus  and found the truth...

RSS

Rainbow Family Resources

Rainbow Family Websites. 

Please message me if you have more links and resources can share. You can also create your own group.

Goodreads Group

Help select the next Author Interview on "Up Close with Chris Tinney". Join THIS GOODREADS GROUP 

Contact Admin

Questions? Message me here or any of these social networks.

This site supported by SpreadPeace.org.   

Linked In / Facebook / Instagram / Radio Show

Thanks,
Chris Tinney
My Rainbow Profile

"Help the Homeless

Thankyou network marketing companies Hempworx, & Uforia, and Young Living Essential OilsPurium Brand Partners, and Arbonne Distributor for sponsoring this site, and paying the monthly fees!

© 2020   Created by Chris Tinney.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service