Hello,

I am homeless. I have nowhere else to go. I want to learn how to survive in the wild, by "going primitive" (living with nature with nothing from modern world). I've reading a couple of books on the subject (currently reading "Naked Into The Wilderness" by John & Geri McPherson), but really need a teacher/mentor to help me understand it fully. I'm in Houston, TX right now. If anyone can help in anyway please call 281-386-0064. I'm almost at the end of my rope here and almost out of money. I don't want to panhandle the rest of my life. I was hoping I'd find a Rainbow member, but that has been a fruitless endeavor.

Had a "traveling buddy" promise me he knew where to find a community and would help. From my point of view he was just dragging me around with no results. I'm scared and running out of ideas. If knew "going primitive" was what I should have done in the first place years ago, I would have planned for it better. If there is a family needing a hard worker, I am that man. I need a place to find peace. Please help.

Miles

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What are you scared of ? Maybe it will be too lonesome in the wilderness . One time I lived in the wilderness , but it was only 5 miles from town . Had a nice place to camp , wild water to drink , and a bicycle . I made drums there ... in Montana . With bears . Bears laughing at me . So just get the hell out of that city ...

I am scared of not knowing what I am doing. There is A LOT of things needed to know in order to go "primitive". If I had time to prepare for this, I wouldn't be as scared.

You could just head out to Oregon for the Thanksgiving gathering . Specific directions get posted just prior , but you could just camp some beautiful place there while waiting . The autumn weather can be very nice , the fish are fat , and so are the squirrels who are eating your acorns .

I will try to stay alive long enough to go there for the gathering. Trying one day at a time thing.

Thanks for helping out though.

Food Not Bombs is often a good Rainbow Connection

HOUSTON FOOD NOT BOMBS

Come to 521 Lamar 77002 (Downtown Library Courtyard) Mon., Wed., Fri. 8pm, & Sun. 7pm. Bring vegan food or just bring yourself! We have bowls & spoons.

I will give it a try. Thank you.

I know this may be a bit late but there are lots of sites such as workaway and wwoof (in europe not sure about states, but surely will have something similar) that would take you in for work. I did it when i was travelling on a shoestring and it helped immensly. It is a good way to learn some skills and meet new people if you find a suitable place (organic farm f.ex). Hope you this helps :)

Check out this link. Lots of info on intentional communities. I am sure you will find one in your area that will welcome you.
http://www.ic.org/

RSS

Rainbow Family Resources

Rainbow Family Websites. 

Please message me if you have more links and resources can share. You can also create your own group.

Social Media Pages for RainbowGatherigs.org 
Connect with people here, on there :)

Goodreads Group

Help select the next Author Interview on "Up Close with Chris Tinney". Join THIS GOODREADS GROUP 

Latest Activity

Sukadev Bretz posted a video

Chakra Concentration - Yoga Class with Kaivalya

This yoga class with Kaivalya is presented by http://www.yoga-vidya.org The class has the topic "Chakra Concentration". If you want to activate and open your...
4 hours ago
Susan Posey left a comment for Milo MacTavish
"Hey, drop me a line and let me know you are ok, please."
Nov 9
Emma Miah posted a blog post

How to Build a Nice Men’s Wardrobe on a Tight Budget

Building a wardrobe can be stressful as cloths can be expensive. Men want to dress well but they are often hesitant to go shopping because they find themselves restricted by the budget. Creating a nice…See More
Nov 7
Donna Louise posted a video

Soldier in the Army of the Lord - Chris Rodrigues & Abby the Spoon Lady

Life is an everyday battle with the devil, so grab your shield and fight with the right army. Here's a standard Gospel song that we very much enjoy., Soldier...
Nov 4

Contact Admin

I don't want to post my email address online but you can message through this site of through any of these social networks if you have any questions or site issues.  

Linked In / Goodreads / Google+ / Facebook

Instagram / Radio Show

Thanks
Chris Tinney

© 2017   Created by Chris Tinney.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service